You must know how to season stainless steel pan for tasteful dishes. It will give a shiny look to the pans.
It is convenient to cook in the stainless steel pan for a delicious taste. But, the most important thing about these pans is their seasoning. If the seasoning of the stainless steel pans gets damage, then the food particles will stick to the bottom and the taste will not be good.
How to Season Stainless Steel Pan?
Best Oils for Seasoning
It is easy to do with the seasoning of the stainless steel pan. But first, you have to select suitable oil for this purpose. The oils which have high smoke points are exclusive for applying seasoning on the preheated pans.
Organic oils like peanut, vegetable, soybean, avocado, or grape seed are best for strong seasoning. These oils are capable of absorbing extra heat and resist the burning of food. Also gives a delicious taste to your favorite food.
Seasoning of the Stainless Steel Pan
Seasoning is vital for the protection of stainless steel pans. These pans have weak seasoning than the cast iron pans that’s why you have to apply an oily layer after every use. Let’s dive into the process of stainless steel seasoning.
- First, you have to wash these pans with lukewarm water and soap. It will clean all the food particles left after cooking and vanish extra oil from the edges of the pan.
- After drying the pan, put the pun on the fire to heat the bottom. This slight heat will help to open the holes of the steel to absorb the seasoning easily.
- When it is fully heated from all edges and bottom, now drop a little amount of oil in its bottom.
- Pick up a clean cloth or paper towel to expand the oil in all directions of the pan. Wipe his oil until no residue of the oils left in the bottom. This small amount will help to make a thin layer of oil on the bottom of the stainless steel pan.
- Some oils like avocado, vegetable oil, or grape seed oil will be the best for organic seasoning due to their high smoke point.
- Put off the pan from the stove when it starts to produce some smoke and then let the body of the pan cool for some time.
- Now the pan is ready to store and also for the next use. You can season your stainless steel pan like this after every use.
Advantages of Seasoning
When you pick up any stainless steel pan, you wished for tasty and unburned food. Along with good taste, there are so many benefits of these pans. But the demand is its strong seasoning to cope with heat and reactions of elements present in food particles.
If the pan has strong seasoning then the age of the pan will be long because there would be no scratches on its bottom. So, you can relish a good taste of food for a long time.
- Healthy Cooking
Organic oils present in the seasoning layer provide healthful ingredients to the eaters. Also, it provides 20% iron to the eaters to overcome their iron deficiency.
- Heat Absorption
Seasoning would be good for preventing the food from burning. Due to high smoke points, the oils can absorb heat easily.
Above, I have explained the methods and necessary things for making it easy to know how to season stainless steel pan. There would be no difficulty to season a stainless steel pan to get many benefits.
If you have found this article helpful then must drop your kind remarks below. Thank you !
CLICK HERE to read our top rated cookware products for Induction 2021.